Marrakech to Erg Chegaga 4 days / 3 Night Desert tour & Camel treks :
60 km south west of M’Hamid are the dramatic dunes of Erg Chegaga – an epic sandscape where you can find peaks that rise to heights of 300m. The golden crescents are all you would imagine of the Sahara and more – breath-taking both by day and night, and especially at dawn and dusk. Tucked in among them are small, semi-permanent camps which offer peace and tranquillity and an amazing overnight stay. An amazing desert experience – not to be missed!
*Pick up at 7:30 a.m and 7:00 a.m in winter months
* Drop off around 5:30 p.m and 5:00 in winter months.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora – Mhamid:
– Departure early morning from Marrakech by Tichka pass (2260 m) to Ouarzazate.
– Continuation to Zagora via Agdez.
– Visit the koranic library and pottery workshops in Tamgroute.
– Arrival at Mhamid.
– Dinner and overnight under tents or hotel
Day 2: Mhamid – Dunes of chegaga:
– After breakfast, ride camel for 1h30 or 2hours in Mhamid dunes.
– Departure by 4X4 to Dunes of Chegaga (beautiful and great dunes).
– Appreciate sunset on the sand dunes.
– Dinner & overnight under tents in Chegaga.
Day 3: Dunes of Chegaga – Iriqui Lake – Foum Zguid – Ouarzazate:
– Appreciate sunrise and breakfast.
– Leave the great dunes to Foum Zguid via the dried lake of Iriqui.
– Then passing by Taznakht, the capital of saffron and carpets.
– Continuation to Ouarzazate.
– Dinner & overnight at the Hotel.
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Ait benhaddou – Marrakech:
*Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel, qualified Driver
*Qualified & professional English speaking guide.
*Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
* Ensuite rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads with dinner and breakfast
* Camel back trip in and out of the dunes & overnight in nomadic tents with guide (Private tents).
*Sunset in Erg Cheggaga from the highest dune & sunrise.
* Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, kasbah, Ikiri Lake,Walks, Canyons, palmery valleys, Acacia Savannahs, Breaks for photos,..Etc.
You may also like
Camels have long been the traditional way to voyage across the Sahara, covering vast distances in silence and solitude… Get a authentic glimpse of the life of the desert dwellers on our personally arranged camel treks and experience the sandy dunes as you ride high on camel-back!
We offer bespoke 4×4 tours in Morocco so that you can travel in comfort and see all that this amazing country has to offer. Let us help you design your journey and itinerary so that you can witness the wonders of the desert and take in Erg Chegaga, some of the most magnificent sand dunes in Morocco.